The lifespan of any vehicle revolves around several factors one of them is the maintenance of the vehicle. Most people neglect their vehicles and when they really need it the most, the vehicle might suddenly die. This can happen not only to old cars but to new cars as well and hence it's very important to make sure your vehicle is in for a scheduled maintenance check-up often. Consider these seven reasons why you should get your oil changed.
1. Longevity - If you are looking to increase the lifespan of your vehicle you will probably want to get this done. Getting your oil changed is not expensive and by servicing you would get a filter replacement with fresh oil that would keep your engine lubricated and perform optimally. You can either do it by yourself or you can visit a mechanic who would do it for you at a small price.
2. Sludge - Do you know that your engine parts are ruined because of dirty clogs and then an engine build up acidity which causes unnecessary damage to the internal parts of your vehicle? Damaging the engine would require a replacement or repair which is much more costly than a simple process of oil change.
3. Stress - If you are going on a long road trip or going through the mountainous terrain you will need all the possible power in the engine to get you through. Changing your oil regularly will not give you any problems and your car will run just fine. If you have not been doing a regular oil change you would find that the car will have a real hard time going up the hills and engine could get over heated.
4. Most vehicles especially during mild climate regions should have its oil changed every 3000 miles. And if you're living in an area that is particularly dirty or dusty you will want to take care of this more frequently. Do not delay, as this should not take long, especially if the mechanic is not very busy. This is a simple, inexpensive, and crucial service, so forgetting to keep up with it can lead to some serious setbacks.
5. Depending on whether you are an aggressive driver and drive in a lot of stop and go traffic, you will want to check your fluid level and regularly top it off as needed. This style of driving will necessitate changing out the engine oil more often than average drivers would need to
6. Oil constantly burns as we drive and simply adding fresh lubricant bought from a store is not good enough for your car's motor. Over time, the oil inside will turn black and accumulate dirt and other debris. After a while this will likely clog your engine and can lead to permanent damage. Once this fluid is contaminated, it can lead to some serious problems. To properly address the problem, a full oil change is necessary.
7. If you have any pinging in your engine or other unusual noises could indicate that the oil level is low or that it is dirty. Oil dampens noise and reduces friction, so when it is degraded your car will typically begin making different sounds.
The above are some of the main reasons why one should get their oil changed regularly, you can do so by having a scheduled maintenance plan with your mechanic. This will increase the lifespan of your vehicle and you will be at a lot of peace when you know you're vehicle is functioning well.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7430644